Neighbourhood Retailer is the leading trade media brand for the food and drink and grocery industry in Northern Ireland. And is continually being at the forefront of retailing for the last 25 years. The Neighbourhood Retailer brand is part of the penton group, Northern Ireland’s leading independent publishing and exhibitions business. See www.pentongroup.com
Due to substantial development plans, the company now wishes to make a new high level appointment:
Editor – Neighbourhood Retailer brand portfolio including Neighbourhood Retailer magazine, www.neighbourhoodretailer.com the annual Neighbourhood Retailer Awards and Neighbourhood Retailer Summit launching Spring 2018
Reporting to: The Managing Director
- To be responsible for the entire editorial function of Neighbourhood Retailer and www.neighbourhoodretailer.com
- To be responsible for all editorial content, interviews, profiles, news, features, photographs etc.
- To be responsible for all social media platforms for the title.
- To liaise with the design studio and ensure design, layout and presentation of the magazine and website are of the highest standard
- To represent the Neighbourhood Retailer brand at all industry functions throughout Ireland and the UK.
- To be an integral part of the organising team for the annual Neighbourhood Retailer Awards and the Neighbourhood Retailer Summit, and handle all editorial and PR matters
- To ensure all editorial deadlines are met
- To ensure the companies editorial strategy and direction is adhered to
- To bring new ideas and new business to the company to help the business reach its objectives and return profitability.
- Customer focused with a proven track record of success
- Excellent writing skills
- Thorough understanding of social media
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a newspaper or a print and/or online magazine or a similar environment
- An idea’s person with vision and flair
- Good knowledge and contacts within the business community
- Lots of drive, vigour and enthusiasm
- Committed to ensuring the ongoing success and development of the brand
- This is a high profile appointment and only those with relevant experience, credentials and drive need apply
£’ss excellent salary plus benefits and excellent career prospects.
The HR Manager
Penton Publications Ltd
38 Heron Road
Sydenham Business Park
Closing date for applications is 14th April 2018.