Reporting to: Managing Director
Background – The Penton Media Group is Northern Ireland’s leading independent publishing, exhibition and events company.
Established in 1994 the company has a varied and highly successful brand portfolio across print, digital, conference, exhibitions and events.
During 2020, Penton Media has pivoted to be a digital first business.
There has been a highly successful transformation of all brands to digital magazines, virtual events and weekly communications by way of weekly e newsletters to the specialist target markets, backed by extensive strategic social media.
The specialist industry sectors we work in include hospitality, drinks, grocery, convenience, petroleum, forecourt retailing, catering and veterinary profession.
We are now looking to recruit a Senior Editor to head the B2B portfolio of titles into a new era of growth and development. This is a hands-on position in a focused and concentrated team.
- We re looking for an experienced, self-motivated and commercial editor to join our department of successful B2B brands.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all editorial content for two of our four B2B brands, including magazine, website content, e newsletters, awards and conference marketing plus social media.
- They will already be an experienced journalist and talented writer who has already held a senior position and must be able to demonstrate a strong commercial awareness of what needs to be done to make our title successful in 2021, as well as the ability to write quality, relevant, knowledgeable and entertaining content.
- The ability to have an eye for a breaking story that will create online engagement and generate revenue friendly ideas to support the sales team.
- The successful candidate will be confident, approachable and represent Penton Media at all industry events.
- Qualified journalist with a proven track record of success
- Excellent writing skills
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role
- An excellent copy writer and skilled proof reader
- Accomplished in social media
- Must be able to show examples of high-performance publishing work in digital and print
- Good team player and positive attitude
- Good knowledge and contacts within NI business community
To apply for this role please send your full cv and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you; see www.pentongroup.com
- The position offers excellent career prospects and personal development opportunities within Northern Ireland’s top independent media company.
- Excellent salary and benefits
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – 30th November 2020